Australian farmers stand to gain new income streams from a range of carbon offsets, after a long campaign by the Carbon Coalition. The Government’s Carbon Farming legislation could see farmers paid for managing soils, vegetation, fertiliser, pasture and manure. We need an industry association now because:
- Lobbying is critical now to make sure the law protects carbon farmers.
- We need resources to continue to push for the opportunities in carbon credits.
- Farmers need a truly independent source of advice – by farmers, for farmers.
- Lobbying for members’ access to carbon markets through a range of offsets, including soil carbon, methane, nitrogen emissions and others. Infomation on contracts, risks and likely returns.
- Education and training to maximise the business opportunities and assist in risk management in trading.
- Quarterly magazine – The Carbon Farmer – The Journal of Natural Farming.
- Regular newsletter – Carbon Farming News – to alert members to opportunities.
- Ethical trading services – Soil Carbon Baselining, Aggregation, Sub-Aggregation of Small Holdings and Brokerage, with fees invested in Association services.
Please contact us for information on how to join.